How to create a 'Web Yes List'
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015
By creating a 'Web Yes List' you can easily block access to all websites except for the ones that you choose to allow.
To create a Web Yes List:
1. Open the CyberPatrol Headquarters and click Customize Filter Settings.
2. Click on Customize button next to 'Web Filtering'.
3. Click Select Web Categories.
4. Click on the dropdown menu next to the 'Preset Filter Strength' field and choose 'Web Yes List'.
5. Next, click either the My Allowed Keywords or My Allowed Sites button, depending on whether you want to add a specific site e.g. http://www.ebay.com/ or add an Allowed Keyword so that any website with that keyword in the URL will always be allowed e.g. adding ebay will allow all the country specific versions also e.g. www.ebay.co.uk
6. Click the Add button next to the corresponding user pane for the current 'User Profile' or add globally to all users.
7. Enter the address of a website you want to add to your Yes List and click OK.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for all of the websites/keywords you wish to add.
9. Click Save to apply changes.
NOTE: In some cases, it may be necessary to add text from the URL as an Allowed Keyword rather than an Allowed Site because the web address changes as you navigate through the website. The best way to find out what keywords to add is to watch the Web Address of your Internet browser when you visit that website. For example, if you go to disney.com, you will notice the web address changing to disney.go.com, so you need to add disney.go as an Allowed Keyword. As you navigate through the site it changes again to play.toontown.com and you need to add play.toontown as and Allowed Keyword as well.