How to block the download of certain file extensions
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015CyberPatrol v7.7 makes it possible to block download of certain files by adding the file extensions of those file types as Blocked Keywords.
To block file extensions:
1. Open the CyberPatrol Headquarters and click 'Customize Filter Settings'.
2. Click 'Customize' next to Web Filtering.
3. Click 'My Blocked Keywords...'
4. Click the 'Add' button alongside the pane.
5. Enter the file extension you wish to block. For example:
6. Click 'Save' to apply changes .
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be aware that blocking the file extensions for images (.jpeg or .gif, etc.) will also block these files from being displayed on websites as well.