How to install/reinstall CyberPatrol Parental Controls v7.7
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015
The steps below will guide you through installing CyberPatrol Parental Controls.
1. Download the 7.7 installer from http://www.cyberpatrol.com/downloads/CyberPatrol77.exe. We recommended saving it to desktop, so it is easier to find after the download is complete.
2. Close any open applications and temporarily disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall programs to avoid any possible interference during the installation. These programs can generally be disabled by right-clicking on the icons in the lower right corner of your desktop (next to your date/time) and choosing disable, close, quit, or exit. Some security programs may require opening the user interface in order to be disabled. Please refer to your security program's user guide for instructions.
3. Double-click on the CyberPatrol77 installer file to start the installation process.
NOTE: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may need to allow the file to run by clicking "Yes" on a User Account Controls pop up.
4. Click "Next" on the Welcome screen.
5. Read and accept the license agreement.
6. Choose which type of installation you would like to perform and click "Next". Most users will want to choose the 'Typical' option.
7. Click "Install" to continue the installation process.
8. Wait for the installation process to complete.
9. Click "Finish" to complete the installation. NOTE: This version of CyberPatrol software will prompt you to create your HQ password and choose the user type settings after the installation has been completed and the product has been registered.
10. To register the product, enter your License ID and Activation Code provided in your order confirmation email and click the "Activate" button.
11. Wait for the confirmation of successful activation and click "OK".
12. Click "Next" on the Activation Wizard screen.
13. Enter and confirm your Headquarters password. IMPORTANT: Be sure to memorize the password you are choosing or write it down and store it in a safe place. This password is required to make any changes to filtering settings and to uninstall the software.
14. Choose a hint word or phrase that would help you to remember your password in the event it has been forgotten.
15. Choose the environment and user type for the "Default" profile. NOTE: You can add additional user profiles and change and configure additional settings after the installation is complete.
16. Click "Finish" to complete the activation process. CyberPatrol Parental Controls has been successfully installed. NOTE: Be sure to restart any open Internet browsers for CyberPatrol filtering to take effect.
NOTE: When launching the Internet Explorer browser for the first time after installing CyberPatrol software, you may be prompted to allow CyberPatrol components in order for the software to function properly. Be sure to choose "Allow" and check the box to not show the future warnings from Internet Explorer pertaining to CyberPatrol program.