CyberPatrol is not accepting the HQ password
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015
If the Headquarters password you have chosen at the time of the installation is not being accepted, it is usually due to a corrupt installation. This could be caused by several factors:
- Conflict with another security products like anti-virus (which should be temporarily disabled during the install of CyberPatrol)
- Conflict with another Internet filtering or Parental Controls product you may have installed
- Possible presense of a virus/spyware on the computer which could affect CyberPatrol files
The recommended approach is to uninstall and reinstall CyberPatrol software.
To uninstall the software using a password bypass you will need to submit an online form at http://www.cyberpatrol.com/cptechsupp... providing the following information for verification:
1. Name of the account holder
2. Contact phone number (Specify a suitable time to call between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM US ET)
3. License ID
4. Support Code
To locate the license ID:
1. Launch the CP toolbar by clicking on Start > All Programs > CyberPatrol > Headquarters. Click on ‘About’ button.
2. Click on View Subscription Details button:
To generate the Support Code:
Click on Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (or Uninstall a Program). Locate CyberPatrol and click on “Remove”. Click on “Forgotten your password?” button when prompted for HQ password.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to leave the Support Code window open until we respond with a Support Response Code because the Support code changes each time the 'Forgotten your password?' button is pressed. Note: You can copy and paste the support code.
Once the removal process is completed, see the steps below to reinstall CyberPatrol Parental Controls.
To reinstall CyberPatrol:
1. Download the 7.7 installer from http://www.cyberpatrol.com/downloads/CyberPatrol77.exe. We recommended saving it to desktop, so it is easier to find after the download is complete.
2. Close any open applications and temporarily disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall programs to avoid any possible interference during the installation. These programs can generally be disabled by right-clicking on the icons in the lower right corner of your desktop (next to your date/time) and choosing disable, close, quit, or exit. Some security programs may require opening the user interface in order to be disabled. Please refer to your security program's user guide for instructions.
3. Double-click on the CyberPatrol77 installer file to start the installation process.
NOTE: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may need to allow the file to run by clicking "Yes" on a User Account Controls pop up.
4. Click "Next" on the Welcome screen.