Error: The installation of CyberPatrol cannot continue
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015
Error Message during installation: “The installation of CyberPatrol cannot continue. Another install or uninstall requires Windows to be restarted before it can finish."
The cause of this error is a value in a registry entry that CyberPatrol checks before installing. If the value is present, CyberPatrol cannot install until the value is cleared. Restarting your system should clear the value and enable the installation to commence. However, if after restarting your computer the message continues to appear, we recommend manually deleting the entry from the registry. The steps below will guide you through that process:
NOTE: It is recommended that before making changes to your registry you make a backup copy. For information on how to do this follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=322756
1. Click Start, click on Run. Type: regedit and click OK to launch the Registry Editor. The Registry Editor is similar to Windows Explorer where you navigate through the directories by clicking the “+” signs.
2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager.
3. Locate the PendingFilerenameOperations value in the right hand side pane. This is the entry that is preventing CyberPatrol installation and needs to be removed. If you do not see this value in this location (ControlSet001), please look in other ControlSet folders that you may have such as ControlSet002 or ControlSet003, etc.
4. Right-click on the value PendingFileRenameOperations and select Delete. Click OK to confirm.
5. Close the Registry Editor and resume installation. Do not restart your computer after the above value has been deleted.