CyberPatrol v7.7 Silent Installation
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015
A normal (non-silent) setup receives the necessary input from the user in the form of responses to dialog boxes. These include:
· Clicking Next
· Accepting the License agreement
· Setting the HQ password and Hint
· Setting the Internet Proxy Settings
· Defining the Default filtering level
In contrast, a Silent setup does not prompt the user for input. A silent setup must get its user input from a different source - the InstallShield Silent response file (setup.iss file). A response file contains information similar to what an end user would enter as responses to dialog boxes when running a normal setup. The InstallShield Silent install reads the necessary input from the response file at run time. The format of a response file resembles that of an .ini file, but response files have .iss extensions. A response file is a plain text file consisting of sections containing data entries.
The silent installation method described here automates the install process up to the point of licensing. At the end of the silent installation a license must be assigned to each installation. You can manually activate each license by entering the license details at the end of the installation.
How to create a silent install file:
To create the InstallShield silent response file (.iss) you will need to install CyberPatrol with an InstallShield ‘record’ command line parameter. The instructions below will guide you through that process:
1) Download the CyberPatrol installer from http://www.cyberpatrol.com/downloads/... and save it to your harddrive (e.g. C:\downloads)
2) Open a command prompt and change directory to the location you saved the CyberPatrol77.exe file to (e.g. C:\downloads): C:\>cd downloads
3) Run the command below to launch the InstallShield:
C:\downloads>cyberpatrol77.exe /r /f1”c:\download\setup.iss”
4) Run through the installer to select the Environment and User Type. Close the command prompt once you reach the Activation screen prompting for a License ID and Activation Code.
5) Once the installation is complete you can copy setup.iss and CyberPatrol77.exe files onto a USB flash drive/CD or a Network Drive ready for deployment. By default, setup.iss is located in the same folder as CyberPatrol77.exe.
How to silently install CyberPatrol:
You must have an active Internet connection. It is also recommended to shutdown all other running programs including anti-virus and firewall.
1) Run the following command line to begin the installation:
C:\downloads>cyberpatrol77.exe /s /f1”c:\download\setup.iss”
2) The install will take a few minutes to complete. You will be prompted for a license ID and Activation code.
3) Activate the installation by following the directions below.
How to enter license details manually:
1. Launch the HQ toolbar by clicking on Start > All Programs > CyberPatrol > Headquarters.
2. Click on Open HQ and log in with your HQ password.
3. Click on the About button.
4. Click on the View Subscription Details button.
5. Enter the new license information (found in your order confirmation email) into the corresponding fields and click the Activate button.
6. Click OK on the confirmation once CyberPatrol has been activated.