How to install CyberPatrol 7.7 on multiple computers
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015
When installing on multiple computers you can download the installer file which can be saved to a USB flash drive, a CD or a network drive. The installer file can be downloaded here: http://www.cyberpatrol.com/downloads/...
Installation instructions for v7.7 can be found here.
When installing on multiple computers you may wish to only allow access to a predefined list of websites, block access to certain websites that are not blocked by CyberPatrol or override the CyberPatrol filtering of certain sites and apply this to all your installations. Normally, this would require each entry being typed into every installation. However, we have an Import\Export tool that enables you to easily populate the following Filter Options within the product and apply to multiple installations.
· Allowed Sites
· Blocked Sites
· Allowed Keywords
· Blocked Keywords
· ChatGard Keywords
This tool is able to Import\Export settings for all User Profiles in CyberPatrol. In order to Import settings into a new CyberPatrol installation, you will first need to Export them from an existing CyberPatrol installation
To Export Settings:
1. Download the Import\Export tool here.
2. Once the download has completed, double-click on the file to run the wizard.
3. Click Next on the Welcome screen.
4. Choose Export and click Next.
5. Choose where you would like to store the Exported settings and click Next.
6. Enter the HQ password for the current installation of CyberPatrol and click Next.
7. Click Next on the Summary page to start the Export process.
8. Click Finish.
To Import Settings:
1. Install CyberPatrol Parental Controls (if not yet installed). Directions can be found here.
2. You will need to download or move the Import\Export tool to this machine. Download the Import\Export tool here. Note: You will also need to copy the Export file from the export computer to the import computer.
3. Double-Click on the Import\Export tool to run it.
4. Click Next on the Welcome Screen.
5. Choose Import and Click Next.
6. Point the Import\Export tool to the location of saved Export file and click Next.
7. Enter the HQ password from the export computer and click Next.
8. Click Next on the summary page to start the Import process.
9. Click Finish.