How to upgrade to CyberPatrol v7.7
CyberPatrol • 22 June 2015
If you are currently using CyberPatrol Parental Controls v7.6 or older, you will first need to uninstall that version, before installing v7.7. NOTE: If you would like to export your settings, so that they can be imported into the new version, please follow the steps here before uninstalling v7.6. To uninstall CyberPatrol version 6.x and 7.x follow the directions below.
UNINSTALL OLD VERSION:
1. Click on Start, choose Control Panel and double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
2. Highlight CyberPatrol and click 'Remove' on the right hand side.
3. Enter your Headquarters password, chosen at the time of installation. NOTE: If your password is forgotten or rejected, please click here for instructions on how to reset/bypass the password.
4. Choose whether or not you wish to submit feedback and click "Next".
5. Wait for the removal process to complete and click on 'Finish' to restart your computer.
Once the removal process has completed, proceed with installing v7.7 using the steps below.
1. Download the 7.7 installer from http://www.cyberpatrol.com/downloads/CyberPatrol77.exe. We recommended saving it to desktop, so it is easier to find after the download is complete.
2. Close any open applications and temporarily disable any anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall programs to avoid any possible interference during the installation. These programs can generally be disabled by right-clicking on the icons in the lower right corner of your desktop (next to your date/time) and choosing disable, close, quit, or exit. Some security programs may require opening the user interface in order to be disabled. Please refer to your security program's user guide for instructions.
3. Double-click on the CyberPatrol77 installer file to start the installation process.
NOTE: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may need to allow the file to run by clicking "Yes" on a User Account Controls pop up.
4. Click "Next" on the Welcome screen.